View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 09:34 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
MobileRead or your favorite gadget - How did you first hear?

The internet is full of interesting web sites. And the world is full of wonderful gadgets. Tell us how you found out about MobileRead and/or your favorite gadget!

While MobileRead is a thriving destination on the web, we don't really expect the average person on the street to know about us. Still, new people find us. How did you come? Web search, link from another site, word of mouth?

This is a great time to thank our wonderful friends out there like Sammy and the rest of the nice folks at Palm Addicts (my favorite Palm site), Shaun at PDA247 (who has a whole suite of pda sites), James and Kevin over at JkOnTheRun, David Rothman at TeleRead Blog and so many more of the wonderful people with sites that help people to find us by picking up our stories or making mention of us. Of course, it helps to have stories picked up by some of the giants of tech news, too. Like the good folks at Engadget, Gizmodo and so many more.

But there's a similar mystery surrounding our discovery of cool gadgets. How do we find out about them? Even those of us that read tech news all the time continue to discover really neat devices, and wonder why we didn't see it before. Not long ago, I discovered this small convertible tablet PC. Together with it's upcoming replacement. They now have a new place in my tech fantasies. Yesterday, I mentioned the OQO in passing to a friend, because I had seen it in a movie. It was delightful to see that it was new and exciting to him.

E-book readers (as well as PDAs and other types of mobile gadgets) are probably not found the same way a new model of car is discovered. The advertising is not the same, and so they may not be the subject of water cooler talk. Maybe you found your favorite device by seeing one, or from a web site or friend, or maybe even a newspaper or magazine ad. How did you first hear about it?

Join in the conversation. Colorful personal stories are all the better!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote