View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #23344
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I have a sneaking suspicion that if any of the European Royals exercised what political power would find themselves out of a job as Parliament would vote them out of existance.
Our Queen has a political function as she forms the Government, together with the ministers. Her political power isn't all that clear, but she meets with the PM every week. If she doesn't agree with things, she will speak out I guess, with the wisdom her position brings.
http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/globale...head-of-state/
She is of importance for the cohesion of our land and has a role in society, in things cultural and economics (State Visits for the promotion of our economic interests).
Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
Does prince Wilem has good reputation as queen Beatrix, blues?
Yes, we have a very intelligent Queen and Prince Willem-Alexander will be a good successor. He has matured very nicely. The Royal House is popular in the Netherlands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
So, forgive my stupid American ignorance... but not sure I understand the modern concept of "king" and "queen." I am pretty sure that Brittian's queen is a symbolic postion now, and that parliament rules the country, is that correct? Is that true for Queen Beatrix also?
It do not know about Queen Elisabeth, but I think her position is comparable to that of Queen Beatrix. I do not think they both are entirely without political influence. They both have a cohesive, representative and encouraging role.

But....all things said and done......we will have a terrific national feast on the 30th of april.

in my cup: hot coffee
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote