View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I think what you are asking for is called "Saved Searches" (upper right)

Once made, you can use them as implied or to Restrict view: which allows you to still search within the restricted view.
Management can be done in the Tag view window
I will confess I haven't found a use yet for saved searches. I don't actually want to restrict my view of the library in normal day to day usage when I am adding new books and editing metadata. When you are trying to ensure no duplicates etc you can't use a restricted view.

What I do want to do is be able to build lists of series or authors that I intend to "revisit" in future. There is no meaningful "subset" that I could restrict my view to which reduces the authors down to a manageable level, given my favourite authors list for instance could include any one of them?

I understand I "could" construct my lists as a saved search by building monstrous "or" expressions, however this is pretty nasty to maintain and I think the "user categories" feature is better suited? Or am I missing something?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote