View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #26
Zorz
Zealot
Zorz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
you need to check out more of these threads if you think people don't care. and yes, it does create an atmosphere of tin hatness. I do not believe I brought any anatomy into the conversation

Thats an incredibly small subset of society. Do you use google, bing, yahoo? if so they you don't care, or at least you dont take active care in your privacy. I use scroogle and my own email server.

Quote:
Or given that Kindle is jailbroken, it'd probably just take a very short and trivial shell script. Or it could be opened up, and have a LED soldered onto the GSM chipset somewhere.

However if it was phoning home, people would notice. When not in use or out about, my K2i lives near my computer speakers, so I often get that typical mobile phone interference when it connects.

Zorz: It's the elected representative's failure if he places the document there. For Amazon to access it implies an ability to send a document home over wireless. Amazon would get in a lot of hot water for that unless it was declared outright. If it's a digital document, it's already been exposed to equally silly "potential exposures to private enterprise" right throughout the chain of creation, any transmission or transfer.

There's caution and then there's undue paranoia.
Like I said anything is possible. Putting complete trust in a company is silly.
Zorz is offline   Reply With Quote