View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 07:14 PM   #13
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I imagine we'd see the second coming before we'd see you with a Kindle.
Maybe not. It is always possible that Bezos will get religion, have an epiphany, see the light, give me a big, fat consulting contract regarding ebooks and ebook device design, and actually take my advice. In which case, you might see me with a Kindle sooner than the second coming.

Actually, if he just gave me a big fat contract -- say $20 million (after taxes, of course) over the next 5 years -- I'm not sure I'd care about the rest but I'd sure be happy to buy a Kindle.

I'm willing to admit that like most politicians, I can readily be bought and I'm willing to compromise my principles and my morals. Its just that I think too much of my principles and morals to let them be bought for a paltry $149 when I know the Jeff B will eventually come through and pay me what I deserve (I did mention $20 million didn't I?).

And in that vein, let me say to Desertgrandma for distinguishing You and you. I'm proud to say that I'm just you (unlike my local city councilperson who truly is weaselish and neither a You or a you!).
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote