View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 11:52 AM   #9
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I use history to find the place I was in the read just after browsing through multiple books. It's faster than using the 'percentage of book' offered by the numbers and the 'multiplied by ten' page turn. I navigate this way because I use bookmarks for something else; mainly word lookup and interesting passages.

This tool lacks navigation through page number. I understand that since we have display sizes it complicates things, but we do need a search by page number, especially since turning a page takes so much time.

One thing I would'nt miss is the line of numbered buttons.

The joystick is underused. It could change functions depending of what type of page you are perusing. ex: if you are in the main menu it does as now but if you are in a page you could use the cursor to select text as bookmarks.

The big page turn button at the bottom could be scrapped and replaced by two little buttons on the right side at the same height as the left ones.

This device should be better than paper in all respects. This should be it's main goal. One of these should be one handed reading.

I think I'm out of thread here, isn't there a wish list thread somewhere else?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote