View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #15135
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
When Mieville is on, he's on. All his books have parts where his writing really shines, but he doesn't seem to maintain that level for the entire book. They all seem to have parts that are a bit of slog, frankly. City and the City, in my opinion, is the best example of him maintaining a high level of writing from cover to cover. Perhaps Embassytown and Railsea are in that club as well, but I've not gotten to those yet.
I abandoned City & the City after about 40 pages. The jerky run-on sentences did me in. Also, I felt I was outside looking in. Overall, to me it had that low budget Columbo feel.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote