View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 05:18 AM   #10
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Isn't there an American saying; "There is no such thing as a free lunch"? Hence, there is also, in my mind, an unwritten social contract between an author - providing a book free of charge - and a reader taking advantage of that offer. Granted, that doesn't imply a review within a few days, but certainly within a few weeks.

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but when I go to an All You Can Eat Buffet, and people hoard four plates and stack food on top of each other, I loose my appetite. Readers hoarding books like that is just as unappetizing.

If I submitted a book for free reading it would come with a contract. 50 free books, each reader signing a contract that they will read the book withing three weeks, and submit a review in another week. Seems fair to everyone involved.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote