View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 07:21 PM   #22
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by axel77 View Post
What make you think so?

Well maybe I'm generally just more distrusting. In announcements people always announce what a device all can do, people get alll crazy about it, but only after the first people bought it, we know what it everything can't do!
This is what I mean by ignoring the degrees of uncertainly.
I will assume that the probability of a product hitting the market (The numbers are arbitrary or subjective).
A) For Astak/Netronix 60%
B) For the concept device 10%
C) Iliad 100% (since it is in the market already)
Since you don't believe in any announcement, you treat both A) and B) equally. I don't treat them the same and that is the difference between you and me.

Quote:
For the iLiad this was no different. This is a risk you don't have with say future CPUs. They bare less surprises whats not possible, not yet ready, you know the stories.
That is exactly my point. I am talking about comparing two alternatives:
1) currently available product (smaller or no risk)
2) uncertain future product (bigger risk)
Depending on uncertainty related to 2), I am willing to compare the two alternatives. If someone is not going to do that, it is fine. My point is that, for someone like me, waiting for future product can be a valid option.

Last edited by soilwork; 04-22-2008 at 07:32 PM.
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote