View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 09:37 AM   #7
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
I believe that Adobe's plans for DE are quite different from Sony/Connect and Kindle/Whispernet.

First of all, instead of using a device id, they'd like to use a single id for all your devices. This mean that once DE is ported to multiple devices (dedicated readers, PDA, smartphone...) you'll be able to use your e-books on any of the compatible devices.
I don't think that Adobe will keep this technology for its own e-book shop, instead, we'll see third party websites selling content for Adobe DE.

In this case, it would be much better than what Amazon and Sony currently offer. First of all, with epub, you can support more advanced formatting, font embedding, complex metadata etc... Unlike .azw and BBeB, it should be possible to use these files on a large number of devices in the future. And I'd rather buy e-books from a multiple number of places rather than just Sony or Amazon.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote