View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #5
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
poohbear_nc nailed it. I've purchased more than 100 books for my K1, and only a couple of times was the formatting so bad that I called them. Both times I got a refund. Once I struggled through the book anyway, the other time I just deleted it.

I always get samples before buying any book, and the most annoying part of that is some books have an huge amount of junk before the body of the book begins: forward, acknowledgments, table of contents. Most infuriating of all is the "Praise for this book" where numerous reviews are shown. By the time you start the actual book, there is not enough left to judge whether it is worth buying. In every case of this, I don't buy the book, and send an email to Amazon about it, suggesting they urge the publishers for forgo this nonesense. Never got an answer back.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote