View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 07:48 PM   #8
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Different devices handle the annotations differently. On Fire tablets, tapping the annotation number acts like footnotes -- taking you to a separate page where all the annotations are listed numerically. On e-ink readers (Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite) tapping the annotation number opens a box on top of the page with the annotation content.

I don't know how annotations are handled on Android or IOS reading apps.

Obviously, the illustrations/photographs render much better on the tablet.
Not sure on this specific book, but I have found with my Voyage that some Kindle books open a popup for annotations and some take you to a different page. I haven't figured out a pattern to it (haven't really looked) but have seen both behaviors depending on the book. (I know Small Gods takes you to a different page and I think Witches Abroad had popups.)
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote