View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #18
vadimzn
vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vadimzn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Angry Incredible problems with Bookbaby

Hello,
I would like to share my experience with Bookbaby. I began publishing with them in June 2012. I published four of my e-books with them. I have sold a single copy of one of my books since then. Other books have sold from 8 to 18 copies during all the period. Meanwhile I have been selling the same books through other distributors like Smashwords and Amazon. I found out sell numbers at Bookbaby are about a fifty times less than at Smashwords and a hundred times less then at Amazon. I decided to quit with Bookbaby in December 2012 because I wanted to participate in Amazon KDP Select program which requires exclusive publishing with Amazon. Bookbaby answered my first e-mail and sent me instructions on what information they wanted me to send them per e-mail. I sent my first cancellation e-mail on 20.12.12. Two months later I discovered they have not removed any of my titles! I have sent them another e-mail on 20.02.13 with the same result! Well, I have received e-mails from KDP Select with warnings that my titles are available at Kobo and iBookstore. I checked the links - sure they are published by Bookbaby. Yesterday I phoned them and they said they have not received ANY CANCELLATION E-MAILS FROM ME. Wow. I sent them three e-mails after I talked to them and phoned them two hours later. You bet. They have not received them again. All my e-mails got lost on the way to them :0) I am in Ukraine and they are in the US and it is a long way. I have been using my e-mail provider for years and nobody have complained about not receiving my e-mails.
Can anybody recommend a way to check sell numbers at Sony Books, iBookstore, B&N and Kobo they show on my account page? I think the numbers are fake. I am also going to file a complaint against them. Can anybody give a hint on how I should begin with it?
Best,
Vadim
vadimzn is offline   Reply With Quote