View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #96
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Oh, I love eBooks. I find the convenience is a wonderful thing and I discover new books much more quickly and easily online. Then there is the space-saving issue. Plus, It is easy to read a few minutes here and there on my phone during a busy day, though my tablet is a better device for that and my Kobo a better device still. My mom and I got to read Cloud Atlas at the same time, her on my Kobo, me on my tablet and phone, since I bought it from Kobo and have the Kobo app (and the Kindle app and the Overdrive app) on my tablet and phone.

I have to say that I do like seeing my dtbs on the bookshelf and I do fall prey to the issue of being distracted by the Internet on the tablet (and the phone, too, but browsing is not as fun that). I should wrestle the Kobo away from Mom.

Also, I am concerned about the longevity of my eBooks. I doubt that my nephew and niece will be able to read my eBooks in 20 years whereas I have a couple of my great-grandmother's books and can read the ones that aren't in German.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote