View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #168
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
No, I've never seen that before -- that sounds very strange! Has that been with multiple books or just a single one? It almost sounds like the scan is bad.
Every one I've tested has been like that. It's frustrating because I expected to be able to save to HTML to make my ePubs, which would save some of the formatting - right? (Bold, italics, stuff like that?)

Since I've been having to save to text files instead, I have to go through and correct all the formatting myself, which is very time-consuming.

Here is an example of the OCRed HTML that ABBYY Sprint created:
Click image for larger version

Name:	example.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	84674
The scan image had no lines at all on the page. Other HTMLs I made had lines actually going through the text. I don't have one of those to post because I deleted them.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote