View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 05:11 PM   #9
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
The $0.10 email is username@kindle.com. The free one is username@free.kindle.com. You get both when you register your Kindle. I'm not sure about the Mobi software, but the Kindle does not currently support DRMed PDFs. I don't know if there's a stand-alone reading device that currently does. IIRC, there isn't. I don't know what Amazon's plans are. I've heard that both Amazon and Adobe may be supporting .epub in the future but it's anyone's guess at this point what will actually happen.
Does the free e-mail adress also send the content to your Kindle ? Or is it for conversion only ?

Concerning .epub: the Mobipocket software can already convert epub to Mobipocket, and the Kindle conversion service is very similar to what the Mobipocket software can do. Anyone actually tried sending an epub file to the Kindle conversion service ?
Of course, there's a lot more stuff supported in epub than in OEB (LIT/Mobipocket), like font embedding, CSS, much better table of contents etc... That's part of the reasons why it would be great if Amazon added epub support on the Kindle.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote