View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 12:55 PM   #13
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Sigh. Reminds me of the good old days of cuneiform impressions in clay tablets. Are the digital copies discarded because they're too difficult to keep and manage or is this a practice designed to protect employment? Sorry if I'm cynical.
How well I remember, we once had a rush order for five Bibles that they wanted in less than a year. We had one monk that always kept producing "9 Commandments" rather than the standard 10.

Many years ago I did work for a small publisher and I did keep in touch over the years. Early on they did move to digital for all phases of their work. They kept one digital master that was used for their "print on demand" publishing to reduce their inventory. They also used the same master as the base input to their RocketBook offerings. (They were one of the first to offer their books in the RB format.) They are still around but have not ventured into the newer ebook formats and seem to be winding down the business.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote