View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #41
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by LARdT View Post
I cannot speak for TIRWAL but as far as I am regarded, I've tried OPENINKPOT both "live" and full version. The user interface looks more modern and coherent but it was a big dissapointment:
- It took more than 1 hour to format the inner memory while the device looked completely bricked (scary moments)

- The flexibility and options COOLREADER 3.0.19 offers beats completeley OPENINKPOT FBREADER implementation. DJVU viewer is by far the best browser for graphics. By the way, perhaps I'm talking too much but next TIRWAL version will include FBREADER ("circa OPENINKPOT") for LIT files, which is probably the only weak point in TIRWAL's. As far as I know it is the only firmware available that can support DRM for MOBI and PDF files.
Although, as almost everything, is a matter of taste.
No USB direct support is a BIG weakness. You cannot expect the average user to rely only in SSH connection.

no usb direct connection was the reason I never tried openinkpot and now with the improvements in tirwal I dont see a reason to.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote