View Single Post
Old 12-22-2023, 12:58 AM   #14
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I finished reading the Silo collection, and I really enjoyed them.
Wool was the stand out, but Shift and Dust were not too far behind for enjoyment.
The first season of the TV Show follows the storyline not exactly, but quite well, at least it didn't go off the rails like Foundation tv show.

Regarding the reading order, I do have to disagree with everyone that urged me to read in Publication order.

I found that reading this way, after I finished Wool, I lost momentum as the story jumped to something entirely different with Shift.

Shift parts 1 & 2 are true Prequels, and there is no overlap with storylines between it and Wool.
Shift part 3 - some of the timeline runs concurrently with Wool, but not much, and events occur elsewhere with different characters.
Wool is the central story
Dust is a direct continuation of Wool. It's essentially additional chapters to Wool.

Reading in timeline order gives a better flow, and the bits that run concurrently between Shift and Wool, is really towards the end of Shift, and it is only the last few lines of the novel where you realise exactly the crossover. Then straight into Wool which then flows into Dust.

Instead reading in publication order, you jump all over the place and lose momentum. Wool should be followed by Dust, but you don't because you then read the prequel, and once you finish that, you jump to Dust, which is a direct continuation of Wool, but the story has been broken to catch up on the prequel.

Nah, what a shi$$y way to read it.

For anyone wondering how to read, then take my advice and read in timeline, not publication order.

Last edited by Karellen; 12-22-2023 at 01:02 AM.
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote