View Single Post
Old 12-11-2023, 10:46 AM   #10
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Hi all and thanks for the replies.
Sounds like Silo is a must read, so I'll go ahead with it.

Three books...
1. Wool
2. Shift
3. Dust.

2. Shift is a prequel
1. Wool is the main story
3. Dust is the Sequel.
So I'll read in that order.
NO! This is a bad idea. Shift is not a prequel, per se, insofar as it's not like many other "Set one thousand years before the main story with a completely separate cast of characters". You need to read Wool first to understand the background of Shift. There are events happening both before and after Wool that are referenced in Shift, and characters in Shift reappear in Dust. There are major plot points/revelations in Wool that would be spoiled by reading Shift first, as they're taken as a given by that point.

Don't try to be clever. Read it in the published order.

EDIT: Also, having read the Silo trilogy a year ago and the LOTR trilogy maybe a couple years ago, I can attest that if they're approximately the same length, they're nowhere *near* the same pacing. Silo moves at a lightning pace compared to the mammoth plodding of LOTR.

Last edited by Cactus Chef; 12-11-2023 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Clarified story content.
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote