View Single Post
Old 12-10-2023, 08:30 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Looking for some feedback on the Silo series by Hugh Howey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silo_(series)

At a whopping 427,000 words (LOTR is 523,000 words) I was hoping for some advice before the big investment.

I enjoyed the tv show, so hoping I would enjoy the books. But nowadays enjoying the movie/tv show is not really a reliable guide that the books are equally enjoyable. (Foundation, World War Z, Children of Men books are vastly different and less enjoyable than their movie counterparts)
I've read it an it is very good. Go for it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote