Thread: "New" Kobo Mini
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 06:55 PM   #11
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by -stepan- View Post
Hi! I have 2 Mini. In one the battery was replaced this year from Aliexpress (it was not me who bought and replaced, I can not say anything about the capacity, model, seller). I checked it experimentally - it holds about 18-20 days when reading 2.5-4 hours a day, about 200 page turns a day, updating 1 per 10 pages, FW - 4.26. The second Mini with the original battery, FW 4.30, while I have been reading 2.5-5 hours a day since November 3, shows more than 50% of the charge. In both books, the indication is not accurate - it may not change for several days, or it may immediately fall by 10-20%. Love this e-reader, and battery for Mini - very good compared to some modern e-reader without frontlight and other function. Of course, in both Mini turn on Wi-Fi - the easiest way to quickly drain the battery, but i don't need Wi-Fi at my readers.
I've noticed the WiFi causes a quick drop in the battery life, but then it seems to recover (sometimes) when you turn WiFi off and check a while later. I'm guessing it's measuring the current draw at the time the WiFi is turned on and making it's estimate from that. I've also noticed that the battery tends to stay even (or slightly drop) and then there's suddenly a bigger drop. I just guessed it hadn't really calibrated battery life yet but maybe it's just the nature of the Minis. Either way I'm happy with the results so far and will let the battery run down near 0% and then do a 24 hour charge.

I don't know if it's because this Mini has a black bezel (the other Minis I tried had white bezels) but the screen seems to have better contrast. At any rate I'm doing a lot of reading on the Mini (during the day). I'm enjoying it more than the Clara (probably because I figured I "rescued" it). These really are nice readers.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote