View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 04:13 AM   #12
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
I'm glad it was of help. I caution you to be careful and keep good backups. Calibre is not designed to have the library running on a separate machine, and Kovid, the main developer, cautions against this. I've had mine running on an NAS for years and have never had any problems, but others try it and get corrupted libraries very quickly. A sure recipe for disaster is to have more than one machine accessing the library at the same time. There can also be problems in accessing the library on the share from different operating systems, at least when those systems are Windows and Linux.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote