View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 09:51 AM   #6
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnafterreading View Post
this may or may not be answering your question, but i have a 7" (1920x1200) and a 10" (2560x1600) tablet, and i find that a nice low-strain setup is to have white text on a black background. basically, night mode. i use it during the day (indoors). both tablets' resolution specs give a pixel density of 300dpi-plus, so as far as sharpness / crispness they're equal. one just has more area than the other.

compared to my kobo glo (black text on white/gray background), there's no big difference in eye strain.

then again, i don't read for more than 2 hours at a time anyways. i gotta eat, pee, stretch, so invariably i have 5-10min breaks every so often anyways.
To me this isn't night mode - the white text is still much too bright. I prefer a light gray font with a black background in apps that let me set the font color. For those apps that don't let me set the font color and have the bright white font, I use the Filter Your Screen app and put a gray filter over it. For less eye strain, I also need to keep the brightness quite low as well. It's just a matter of finding the right settings for yourself.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote