View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 11:18 AM   #10
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Every time this comes up, I sympathize with the physical book lovers. I agree with the opinion that a large part of the joy of reading comes from the tactility of a physical book. I love well-made, high-quality paper. I also miss, with e-books, the ability to browse through a book, picking out favorite passages. Physical books truly engage more of the senses than e-books.

That said, when I choose "what to read next", and browse my bookshelf of unread books, and look at my list of unread e-books, I overwhelmingly choose to read an e-book next. I wish I could define why. I don't miss the kinesthetic pleasure of a physical book. Or, cradling the Sony Reader in it's nice leather case, with it's elegant, sleek design, provides a good enough analog that there is no barrier to sinking into the story, which, when all is said and done, is the point.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote