View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #11
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
The documents stored through PDS are conversions, even when being fed MOBI. And hybrid files do introduce issues, because they are not intentionally supported by the converter.

You see font size issues (I believe the font sizes with MOBI/KF8 are slightly different), and I see linespacing issues due to Mobi/KF8 using different spacing between lines. But the core issue is the conversion is messing with the hybrid MOBI and in some cases stripping away the KF8 parts or otherwise disabling them depending on the file itself. It is deterministic in the sense that you will get the same result from the same source file.
The one case where the font size changed went away when I ran the file through kindlestrip before sending it to PDS. And to be clear, it was a really egregious size difference, at least 2 or 3 'notches'.

Apart from that I have not seen any differences between how it renders if I get it from PDS versus how it renders if I side load. I think we need to do more testing before drawing conclusions about what PSD is or is not doing since it was upgraded to support KF8. I have not seen a single instance where KF8 gets stripped away, as it used to be all of the time, but perhaps I have not yet tried a broad enough sampling of files.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote