View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 07:49 AM   #15
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
. . . If it was my one and only reading device (but why would anyone only have one?), . . .
Harry, why would anyone want more than one dedicated reading device? I only read on one device at a time and see no reason why I need spend hundreds of dollars to have multiple dedicated devices that all do the same thing.

I admit I'm a bit behind the times. I don't own an iPad, an iPhone, or an iPod. I don't own a portable MP3 player or a smart phone. I don't read for pleasure on my PC (it's a reading for work only device) and I don't use apps to let me read on anything anywhere anytime. Rather, I take my Sony 950 with me everywhere. Other than the desire to own more than one dedicated device, I don't see either the need to do so or the logic in doing so.

And I don't find the Sony software so very terrible. In fact, I find the shopping experience at Amazon to be atrocious, which is one of the reasons I avoid Amazon. I personally prefer shopping for books at Barnes & Noble; I like the online interface much better than the Amazon interface.

Last edited by rhadin; 04-11-2011 at 07:51 AM.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote