View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 07:06 AM   #10
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
I avoid DRM'd books like the plague for the most part.

Any that I do buy I strip the DRM immediately.

So everything gets sideloaded via Calibre. I don't use the 3G or Wi-fi at all on mine. Because I'm not buying full MSRP, DRM crippled books on it...that's about all it's good for. I mean, what else is it good for?

I'm sure my wife loves the wi-fi and 3G on her Kindle...but it's me she'll come begging for help when the DRM screws her over (and it always does, eventually) since she just buys and doesn't worry about the DRM.

I'll probably upgrade to a Sony 650 at some point...maybe when prices go down a lot further. For now the Nook does the job, but I couldn't care less about 3G or Wi-fi.

On my rooted NC, well, that needs wi-fi, but that functions as an Android tablet half of the time.

Last edited by GreenMonkey; 04-11-2011 at 07:10 AM.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote