View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 02:44 AM   #75
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Spano View Post
Hey, it's taken some time to get the results, but they're finally in, and I've summarized the experiment here: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show...bin_Spano/blog

Thanks to everyone who got behind this and participated in the discussions.
I didn't buy your book, because the subject matter doesn't quite grab me, but i followed your pricing story with interest.

One point: A price below $7 IS DEFINITELY sustainable! I haven't looked up ECW, but your description makes them sound like a relatively small publisher. In the SF field, Baen Books has sold ebooks for $6.00 for individual copies, and significantly less than that if you buy the whole month's publishing output in webscriptions. And they've been doing it for MORE than TEN YEARS!

Yes, Baen is a print publisher, and so ebooks can share fixed costs of editing, etc. But still, 10 years, for an average 4 to 5 books per month.

On the side of your publisher, these are not prices down to 99 cents, or even 2.99, but they are significantly lower than the print price (and lower than the mmpb price even when the hardback has just been published and the mmpb won't be out for another year.)
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote