View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 02:28 PM   #66
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by iq3 View Post
I was disgusted when I found out the prices of books.
Does that include the high price that you paid for a book of an unknown author?

Quote:
On a totally separate note, I found and read the first book of a little known author, and I really liked it a lot. So when I heard about the experiment, I figured that I could contribute original information to this forum, created the account, started the thread. Looking back on this, my enthusiasm certainly does make it look staged, but I assure you the author had nothing to do with me posting this, unless you count starting the experiment.
It's not the enthusiasm exactly. It is because you were so happy about the fact that a book that you spent $10.99 on will be 5 times less. And if you spent any time on the forum you would have noticed the reaction to one-post wonders.

Quote:
As for why I haven't continued to post, I must have misconfigured my account somehow, I just received a notification today that anyone had posted on this thread at all. I checked my settings, I'm supposed to receive daily notifications, so I'm not sure what's going on. I would blame my spam filter, but I'm not sure why I got the notification at all...
So... You never actually look at the news page? How do you read the forum without looking at pages?

Quote:
Anyway sorry for the confusion, and sorry to the conspiracy theorists who think that I'm actually the author or the publisher, or maybe an alien from outer space Now that I have my account I may be more active.
Or her friend, her mother, her agent. Us conspiracy theorists do get ideas. Good luck with posting more than once every 10 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Spano View Post
Hey, iq3 - thanks for starting this discussion! (And for coming back.)
Wow, you posted only 15 minutes after Ashley. How lucky. I guess that the same way that she read the Deadly Letters blog immediately after it went online, you also read her post immediately after she wrote it. You two must be psychic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougf4 View Post
I'd venture a guess that this thread and the heightened awareness of the book's very existence will increase her sales five fold.
And this is the problem. If this is real and not just a publicity stunt, the publisher can always say that the reason why the sales increased is because the author was more active in marketing the book. Therefore the result is pointless.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote