View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 06:05 PM   #64
NVash
Wandering Vagabond
NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Politicia...2712785&sr=1-1
Darn. Its $8 on Amazon now. Wish I checked out this thread earlier, I easily would have bought it for $2. At such a low price Im willing to take the chance of whether or not I like it. Too bad this wasnt a month long experiment.

What I dont understand is why so many authors want to drop their books for $10 nowadays. I personally know a few and they arent even well known but find it necessary to charge $10 for a book they just put out. Why? No one knows who you are! If youre Stephen King you might be able to pull that off but I see many people arent even willing to pay that for well known authors, why do these new ones want to come out and charge so much for their books? I understand that yes, there are bills to be paid, so on, so forth, but this is your venture, your own dream. Honestly Id be willing to sell my book at a low price and take a loss for the first one if only to drum up interest for my next ones then to go for paying it all off on the first book. Maybe Im just looking at everything the wrong way but when I look at the post earlier about how selling the book at $2 as opposed to $10 means you need to sell 5x as much, I figure what does it matter. Seriously, I doubt people are bringing in a ton of sales on $10 books. All I see is people arguing, boycotting, that kind of thing. They may get a few here and there but more than likely they get a lot more selling it cheaper. The people I know are self published so that may be a huge factor here, Im not sure.

Robin, Id love to buy your book but seriously, $5 is too much for an ebook IMHO. I stick with $1 to $2 ones. I dont trust Amazon ratings when theyre so low. Im not saying your book is bad, I cant say. Id love to check it out to be honest. But I have bills to pay, $5 is a meal around here. $2 isnt so badly missed. Not to mention Ive heard that some people rig their reviews. When theyre that low, it could be you, your best friend, your sister, brother, mother, cousin, all saying its great just so you can get great reviews. Im not accusing you at all. I should hope that youre above that and you let the reviews speak for themselves even if people say bad things, Im just not really trusting of such a low amount of reviews.

Last edited by NVash; 12-18-2010 at 06:11 PM.
NVash is offline   Reply With Quote