View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #7
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
The same issue could occur at Amazon, I'd imagine. Although you can authorise 6 copies of most DRM content, a single Kindle account tracks this. So, in a two Kindle account household you'd have to swap devices depending on the account. Erm, just like you do with a paperback.

I maintain one Kindle account but have two Kindles so the hubby can read on his own -- and we manage one collection of books. I am hoping to use the identical strategy when I get the wifi Kobo in a week or so. I assume that works with both the desktop and the ADE software?

And, as taming pointed out, the DRM is doing its job. I am fully supportive of that. Kobo's job is to ensure the user experience is as simple and transparent as possible.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote