View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #98
Big Kev
Enthusiast
Big Kev began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle & Ipad
Adding Captions to Images

Hi Toxaris & mrmikel

Thanks for the comments. I will now make a start with some comfort that at least I am on the right track. I'm sure there will be more questions as I progress.

With regard to the images I thought that there may have been a problem with captions. Whilst it will mean a little extra work I think your suggestion of adding the caption to the image is the safest way to go.

As you indicated this is easily done with appropriate graphics software and for those who don't like the look of the caption in the original image you can always locate it outside the original image and create a new image. Like in the attached example which shows both options.

Adding images to this particular book won't be a problem as it's specific subject matter will not require any further images. Notwithstanding it does have a family photo album at the end which lends itself to future additions if necessary.

Thanks again for the advice
Regards
Kevin
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageCaption.png
Views:	261
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	103784

Well I certainly stuffed that up, I'll have to learn how to insert images properly. Notwithstanding I think you get the point. The "Boy Tom" below the image actually has a transparent background so it appears as a caption normally would in a book. It doesn't show well when enlarged here as the default background seems to be black which obviously doesn't go to well with black text. Now I'm going to leave it alone before I muck it up any more.

Last edited by Big Kev; 04-01-2013 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Correcting image attachment for better view.
Big Kev is offline   Reply With Quote