View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
Kindle Cloud / Device / Calibre library sync

I am having issues understanding when something is shown as existing on the Main Device / In Library and how the Kindle handles it. Here is my issue...

I have the seven Harry Potter titles. All from Pottermore, all up to date.

When the Kindle (Paperwhite) is plugged in Volumes 2 to 7 show as In Library when I am looking at the Device tab, and On Device when looking at the library. Volume 1 is a stranger to each source.

I deleted the Device book, and sent Volume 1 to the Kindle from Calibre. Big ticks all round, but now the book is showing on the Kindle as available in the cloud.

I deleted both, took a fresh copy from the Cloud, imported it into Calibre from the device. Didn't change anything. Strangers again.

I saved the AZ3 version from the Device tab to the desktop, and added that as an extra format to the record in the library. Still strangers.

I am now out of ideas. Does anyone know what is going on?!

Thanks in advance.

amjb
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote