View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #24
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
"Fetch Annotations" is on the "Send to device" button.

When you did this, was it as one step? Did you select four books in Calibre and press the "send to" button, or did you do them one at a time?
I added one book, job completed, I selected another, that's when I get the error. It seems like it will only complete 1 job at a time.

Quote:
After this happens, what happens if you try to look at the ereader using explorer? Also, what happens if you don't use Calibre at all and just drag the ebook files to the ereader? To me what appears to be happening is that after the initial accessing of the ereader from Calibre, it is being disconnected. Hence, any further access is failing by Calibre. The question is of course why this is happening. There are suggestions earlier in the thread to try. Other things to try are a different USB port, cable or a different computer. The object of all this is to determine if it is the ereader, the PC, Windows or something else. It is very unlikely that it is Calibre as it is just finding an underlying problem.

I did 'fetch annotations', I selected 1 book I was reading and the comments do show the last date I read it and % done. So there is some type of communication between Calibre and KT. [can I delete the annotations now? I would prefer to have the book summary show only, how do I do that?]

Once KT connects, I close that folder that opens, [I had read somewhere that leaving it open causes errors, ?!]

I thank you so much for your time and help. I will keep trying different things, next time a different USB slot, dragging book directly to Kobo folder, etc. It's just frustrating because I've never had problems with earlier Kobo [1st gen] and not on my KT either since upgrade in the past couple of months.

If I find a sure-fire way to work around it, I will post. Problem is I seem to go in spurts where I just read for a long time, and don't bother with making any changes to my library, and then I go for a couple of weeks on buying/or free download spree and change it quite often.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote