Thread: MobileRead July 2010 Book Club Nominations
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 12:39 PM   #50
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
P.S., Bob, is there any rule about nominating books in a series that is not the first book?
No. I don't see a problem. Most first books of a series still pretty much stand on their own. For example, I have read Mistborn... it is the first of 3 but the story in that particular book ended and while I want to read more I don't feel the story wasn't concluded.

Magic Kingdom For Sale - Sold is the first of 5 I think in that series. But, it is also a great stand alone story. this book is what got my hooked on Terry Brooks. Same with Wizard's First Rule... etc.

Ok... now there is a rule...

Rule: there is no rule about nominating a book from a series/triligy, etc.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote