View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 06:21 AM   #16
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kate View Post
You might also try another Susanne Collins series starting with Gregor the Overlander Reviewers gave it 4 1/2 stars on Amazon.

I liked it as much as Divergent.
Gregor the Overlander is a fine book, but those books are IMHO very much a children's series, not YA, and with a far more different "feel" (compared to The Hunger Games).

Definitely worth a look, but I wouldn't want people to go into it thinking it's anything like THG either in content or general feel. And at least the first book felt more "targeted mainly at children" (8-10-year-olds) to me than some other middle-grade fantasy series which have successfully crossed over to YA and adult reader segments (e.g. Harry Potter; Rick Riordan's series; Skulduggery Pleasant).
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote