View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 09:47 AM   #17
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvs View Post
I assume you mean the no_update tag? This would mean you would have to tag every book on the device and add a tag each time you put a new book on the device. I think a global setting that affects all books would be far easier in use.
For finding the new books the 'Recently Read'-view can be used.
Adding an option to automatically add the no_update tag could indeed be implemented. What about the new feature (drinfo-files) that I described a few messages back. It would not alone allow you to add the no_update-tag, but also allow you to change the Title of a book. I am currently experimenting with a small batch-script that creates drinfo files for all files in a folder that sets the filename as Title and sets the no_update-tag. These can then manually be changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fekhner View Post
I agree of course, but at least Mackx has implemented a viable workaround. Furthermore in the latest version one can give a tag to multiple books, maybe a "select all" option in this context would come quite close to a global setting ...
Indeed a "(de)select all" would be a good addition.

Quote:
It was sort of meant as a subtle hint to Mackx that he should implement this
Very subtle ...

Quote:
Just kidding, but it would be a great feature. The problem with the "select all" option is that most of the documents I read are documents I've only just put on the device. So to be consistent I would have to add tags every time I add documents.
See the alternative described above. Would the drinfo-files be an easier option?

Quote:
I actually wrote a hack today and it works great, but it's just a very quick and dirty hack on Mackx's previous code and I don't know how to make it user configurable. But if you want I can look into this a bit further and see if I can come up with something.
Does the hack add the 'no-update' tag to all new documents? (subtle hint: send me the code:-)
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote