View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #6
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by stodge View Post
How well does the Kindle 3 handle lots of books? For example, say I download a whole bunch (200?) of free classics and load the on the Kindle. Will it slow down at all? Will it take a long time to display the book list or will it become unresponsive at all?...........

Thanks
When I first got my Kindle, I loaded all the books I already had (2000) on my Kindle. I soon found out the best way to do that was in batches of 2/300.

Although the Kindle is a sturdy thing, indexing a lot of books can make it instable.
Best is it, to leave it to indexing and charging for a hour or sometimes a bit more. Charge it, because indexing also takes a lot of battery-power.
Give it some rest. Don't try to read or make Collections during indexing.

Once the books are all loaded; it doesn't seem to slow the Kindle down, as far as I can see. Yes, of course it takes just a bit longer when searching through all these books.

When I loaded my books I had software 3.0.0 and now it is 3.0.3. But as far as indexing, I don't think the updates made a lot of difference.

happy Kindle-reading
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote