Thread: Spell checker
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 10:24 PM   #15
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
File "New"
works
Same thing I was going to suggest. In fact, renaming that function to "New/Close" would be a simple change, and since it effectively serves the same purpose, doing so might eliminate further confusion on this front.

Of course, then you would get people asking why you haven't mapped the function to Ctrl+W (which, as near as I can tell, doesn't have any current mapping in Sigil...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Sigil (like Word) uses the Single Document Interface system, and thus doesn't have "Close File". That's something for Multiple Document Interface applications.

I prefer SDI for applications like Sigil. Using MDI for a word processor would violate the Law of Least Astonishment, since Word, OpenOffice Writer, AbiWord etc. are all SDI.
Perhaps you could duplicate the functionality of New (Ctrl+N) as Close (Ctrl+W)... since "Word, OpenOffice Writer, AbiWord etc." do all have the ability to exit/wipe the current document with a Crtl+W combination?

- M.
Vintage Season is offline   Reply With Quote