View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #9
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
It kept me interested somewhat. Then at the end I was eagerly anticipating how it would resolve the two characters. But for one, the resolution was basically, "Oh, he's just some guy."

That guy just
- happened to be close to the family,
- happened to look just like the father,
- happened to fit in his clothing,
- happened to know a secret hiding place in a desk,
- happened to be in Chicago where the Dr. had taken such pains to make such a probability infinitesimal,
- happened to be in the very room with Dr. Izard's target,
- happened to have an affliction that would make him appear all done in, such that he could be stationed next to the person yet not be regarded as a threat to the scheme,
- happened to be one who could recover from his affliction, and
- happened to be a crook.
My probabilistic sensibilities are overwhelmed.

Having spent eight days without power during Hurricane Sandy, I'm surprised at the bedtimes being 11 or 12pm. Candlelight and cold make one want to live by the sun.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote