View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #11
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Yes murg, I think the discrepancy between what the EU might state as a 2-year guarantee and what warranty is offered by the manufacturer/seller is that they both are perfectly valid, but after the first year, unless a more extended warranty period is specified, it's more consumer rights that come into force.

The EU 2-year guarantee really just enforces consumer legislation that already exists in certain countries, at least in the UK the Sale of Goods Act is generally considered pretty strong consumer protection.

I know myself that for most things if all that is stated is a one-year guarantee, within that first year I'd expect a no-quibble new replacement, after that it'd be a case of depending on what the item is, arguing that it's not just wear and tear, and that it should last longer and I'd then be expecting a repair or replacement.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote