View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 12:42 AM   #40
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_pb View Post
On my OpenSUSE PC "nc" is not recognised, so I've used "netcat" instead.

Here's the result:
Code:
[root@[192_168_15_244] sbin]# nc 192.168.15.201 | dd of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=4K
BusyBox v1.17.1 (2011-11-03 11:08:48 PDT) multi-call binary.

Usage: nc [IPADDR PORT]

Open a pipe to IP:PORT

0+0 records in
0+0 records out
0 bytes (0B) copied, 0.048217 seconds, 0B/s
The approach in your original post (i.e. copying the image from the /us partition) seems to have worked, so I have no idea why the thing will not boot.

Anything else I can overwrite or perhaps delete so it gets re-built automatically?

I recall you mentioned that (the automatic re-building) in one of your posts in another thread.
Oops. When I "copied" hawhill's correction to my first post, I left out the port number. I fixed the first post now. Add "5555" after the ip address, like this:
nc 192.168.15.201 5555 | dd of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=4K

Sorry about the confusion. You can see that this was discussed in the preceeding posts above, so you could have figured out the solution by reading them.

nc and netcat are the same command. I had on ongoing email discussion with avian @ the lopht (its author), back in the day...

About needing to mount the USB drive yourself, you should try deleting /var/local/system/mntus.params, and then reboot. Perhaps it was corrupted by installing a hack intended for a kindle 4 (or by some other cause). Deleting it will make the startup scripts rebuild it. It contains information telling the system WHERE the usb drive is located and how to mount it.

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-04-2012 at 12:45 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote