View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #29
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Very interesting thread and some great discussion here.

New around these parts but am an active member at a similar enthusiast forum for mp3 alternatives to the Apple monster - it is quite interesting to read threads like this, discussing convergence devices with the focus here of course on ereaders.

I too have always been a huge proponent of single specialized tools/gear/software versus Swiss Army type stuff. Every day I carry a cell phone, a Blackberry, one of several mp3 players and now, my new Kindle3. A bit of a hassle? Sure. But one I am personally willing to put up with for a variety of reasons, similar to what people have listed already. But even I must admit: the concept of convergence is compelling, even to me.

Still, I do consider myself an enthusiast in certain areas, which is only one reason I continue to carry multiple devices around. Another is this: no one in my personal circle of close friends has a music collection as perfectly tagged with cover art as I do. Yes, this takes me some time initially, but most importantly, it is time I feel is well spent, especially considering the results I achieve.

Like dedicated mp3 players/PMPs, I do feel [hope!] that dedicated ebook readers will be around for a good long time to come - tablets don't quite cut it for me either, though there is no denying their sex appeal. And I also am quite confident that there will always be a very dedicated group of enthusiasts that will continue to purchase and support [creating demand] stuff like Kindles, Sony readers, Nooks, etc...

But that's just me

Last edited by lestatar; 06-03-2011 at 03:14 PM.
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote