View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 05:32 AM   #9
Robin O'Neill
Connoisseur
Robin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
I'm just afraid that someone would take excerpt to mean post 10,000 words.
That is inevitable. It's also patently abuse of the other participants and I won't read anything that goes on much longer than 1 screen's worth. I'm happy to make that clear. If the point is to be read, anyone who can't or won't follow the brevity request, is shooting themselves in the foot.

Here's my excerpt, a soda fountain drink, from The Ice Cream Parlor

FROU FROU

A frou-frou refers to frilly ornamentation. The soda fountain reflected the world around it. This was the Victorian era with gingerbread on every corner and line of a house, with lace around every collar, puffed leg-o-mutton sleeves and enormous dresses. It's no surprise the sodas were as highly decorated as everything else was in those days.

You’ll need:
1 oz. mango syrup or mango pulp
Peach ice cream
Shredded pineapple
Crushed raspberries
Whipped cream
Seltzer
1. Pour syrup into a glass.
2. Add several ounces of seltzer and mix well.
3. Fill with seltzer and stir briefly.
4. Add a small scoop of peach ice cream.
5. Add a spoonful of crushed raspberries.
6. Add a spoonful of shredded pineapple.
7. Top with whipped cream.
8. Serve with a long handled spoon and a straw.