View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #33
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutraa View Post
As a scientist who is the wife of an air transport pilot, I think it would be very challenging to Faraday cage the cabin. All sorts of electric circuitry runs between the cockpit and the rest of the plane, including switches that control all the plane's hydraulics (which operate control surfaces like slats, flaps, and elevators, plus landing gear), circuits that control deicing and the APU, connections to antennae on various parts of the fuselage, and all kinds of sensors (gear position, door locks, pitot tubes, icing, etc.). Then there's the plane's internal communications system, linking the cockpit -- which would have to be outside the cage to allow pilots to talk to anyone not on the plane -- with the rest of the aircraft. In short, this is not a viable fix to the potential issue of stray EMF interfering with essential aircraft operating systems.
I was referring to Faraday-ing the passenger compartment, instead of the cockpit. Guess I wasn't quite clear enough.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote