View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 09:36 PM   #5
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Not sure about aggressive, but definite - yes. And I agree - in general - that 250 words per page is too low, but number of pages is highly dependent on print density (amount of dialogue and so on), and also on formatting. My first book of 144k words in 5"x8" print at the font size I first wanted (typical of trade paperback size) was coming out around to 460 pages (IIRC). I chose a smaller font (more typical of mass market paperback) to push it down under 400 pages (to reduce costs).

Jerky, if you are considering print, and if any of the three parts falls much under 50k words, then note that there can be issues with spine width if the book gets too thin (room for the title and types of binding available).
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote