View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #1
Statch
Connoisseur
Statch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it is

Device: Kindle PW2, Samsung Galaxy 3, Kindle Fire HD
Custom column problem

A while back I decided to get fancy and try to set up Calibre via Sugarsync so that I could see my Calibre library from each of our computers, but without really understanding what I was doing. Somehow I ended up with duplicates of most of my books. I delinked the library (so I'm back to just backing up my Calibre library in Sugarsync) and sorted out the duplication problem (can't remember what I did to fix it now).

After a while, I realized that I had lost a custom column I created to record comments on books I've read. I can't even remember what I called the column. I still have the tags that I had used prior to 'fixing' the library. Is it possible that the custom comments field I had is still there somewhere in the metadata? How would I find it? Thanks in advance if anyone can help!

And just in case this happens to anyone else: I realized today that somehow I had accidentally applied the tag 'unread' to all of my books. I was able to fix it by using the fact that I rate books after I read them. So I clicked on Rating on the left, then highlighted all the books with ratings, clicked on Edit Metadata -> Edit Metadata in Bulk, then put 'unread' in the 'remove tags' section and applied it.
Statch is offline   Reply With Quote