View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #1004
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulleta View Post
Hello, I just subscribed to the forum after spending a few hours reading through people's success stories, and I think I'll be able to debrick my K4NT soon enough! My problem lies in finding the correct libusb driver to have the MFGTool recognize my Kindle in FastBoot mode. I have Win7 64, and so far, the few linked drivers scattered around keep giving me the "Driver found...but file not found" warning.

Could someone guide me in the right direction, pretty please?
MfgTool only recognizes the kindle in USB Downloader mode. For fastboot mode, you need the fastboot tool.

For 64-bit windows versions, you must reboot into "allow unsigned drivers" mode, unless you can find a signed version of libusb...

You could instead use a 32-bit windows VM, which is what I do...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote