View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #13
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
@Reventlov

Hm, I don't really understand you. What do you mean "launch himself randomly at startup"? If Librerator is running, and screen saver starts, then after you activate it again, it will still be in Librerator. It's normal behaviour. You need to exit it through Menu->Exit Librerator.

To get as much of the screen for text, you need to manually define bounding box, or BBox. Do the following:

1. Make sure you see the whole page on the screen (go to Menu->Zoom & Rotate->Fit to page)
2. Menu->Settings->Manually set BBox. Move the crosshairs to define top-left corner, then press fiveway middle button. Do the same for the bottom right corner.
3. Many pdf files need different settings of BBox for odd and even pages. So, press page forward, then agian Menu->Settings->Manually Set BBox and set it again.
4. Now you have BBox set for both odd and even pages. Go to Menu->Zoom & Rotate -> Fit to content width.

You'll get the portion you selected on top. Since most pages are taller than the kindle's screen, a bit of the bottom of the page won't be shown. Pressing page forward will show that part that was missing, then when you press it again it will go to the next page etc. I believe that's what you were looking for.

I don't know how can someone brick a kindle using Librerator. Can you tell me exactly what you did? Also, what do you mean with "letters were blurry every two lines"? Can you post a screenshot?

Last edited by Kai771; 12-15-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote